Potato Gratin with Canadian GoudaPrint Category Gratin Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g) potatoes
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Gouda cheese, rind removed, in small cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- Fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Cook in lightly salted boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain slices and put them in a gratin dish. Preheat broiler.
- In a small saucepan, mix Canadian Gouda cheese cubes, cream and milk. Warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese has melted. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove from heat, blend in chives, a little grated nutmeg and season moderately with pepper. Pour over potatoes, then brown under broiler.
Jean Soulard, Chef exécutif, Le Château Frontenac