Piña Colada Ice CreamPrint Category Ice cream Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) sugar
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) dark rum
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 250 g pkg Cream Cheese, broken up *
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) crushed pineapple, drained
- In a skillet, toast coconut until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside. In a large pot, stir cream, coconut milk, sugar and rum over medium-high heat until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a whisk, stir in yogurt, Cream Cheese and sour cream, until mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in pineapple and coconut.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick 9x13x2 in. (23x33x5 cm) pan. Freeze uncovered for 2 hours. Cover with foil and freeze for another 2 hours.
- Purée ice cream in blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and freeze for another 1-2 hours.
Servings: 2 liters