Maple Syrup DoughnutsPrint Category Donuts traditional Thematic No thematic Source Fédération des producteurs du Québec Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 envelope (8 g) of dry yeast
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of maple sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of maple syrup
- Garnish: Decorate with any maple syrup product (butter, sugar, maple sugar chips, taffy, mini candy, etc.)
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water in a bowl. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the milk until it boils and pour into a large bowl. Add butter, salt and maple sugar and mix until dissolved. Add the yeast mixture.
- Add half of the flour and mix using a beater. Stir in the eggs. Gradually add the rest of the flour until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead adding more flour if it is sticky. Place in a buttered bowl and let rise until it doubles in size, for approximately 1 hr and 15 min. Knead for another minute and let rise for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough using a rolling-pin to a thickness of 1 cm (1/2 inch). Let rise for 10 minutes. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 190°C (375°F). Form the doughnuts into desired shapes and drop into the oil.
- Meanwhile, bring the maple syrup to a boil in a pan. Once the doughnuts are golden in colour, remove from oil and place in the maple syrup. For a strong maple flavour, let the doughnuts sit in the hot mixture for 2 minutes. Place the doughnuts on a cooling rack and let cool. Decorate.
GREAT GIFT IDEA! A box of maple syrup doughnuts makes a wonderful gift!