Texan Meat Ball SoupPrint Category Beef Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2/3 lb (300 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked rice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, trimmed and diced
- 1 zucchini, cut in 2 lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) vegetable broth
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) tomatoes
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot pepper sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Sour cream
- Grated Canadian Cheddar cheese
- In bowl, mix beef, rice, 1 onion and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into small balls, frequently soaking your hands in water. Set aside
- In large saucepan, sauté meat balls, remaining onion, green pepper and zucchini in butter for 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes and black beans. Bring to boil. Add chili powder and cumin and season to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve in soup bowls and garnish with fresh coriander and 1 tbsp (15 mL) sour cream. Top with Canadian Cheddar cheese. Serve with nachos.