Fudgey Mocha Nut PiePrint Category Mocha Thematic Stove Desserts Source Chipits Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 6 tablespoons (90mL) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup (75mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 can (300mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup (75mL) water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 to 3 tablespoons powdered instant coffee
- 1 cup (250mL) CHIPITS Semi Sweet Baking Chips
- 1 cup (250mL) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add cocoa; stir until smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, water, eggs, instant coffee and CHIPITS Semi-Sweet chips; whisk until well blended. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, if desired. Refrigerate leftover pie.
Yield: 8 servings