Classic QuichePrint Category Quiche Thematic No thematic Source Nestle Carnation Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- unbaked 9-inch (23 cm) frozen deep-dish pie shell
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese 375 ml
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 15 ml
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 ml
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® 2% Evaporated Milk 300 ml
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place pie shell on baking sheet; bake 10 minutes; let cool. Cook bacon in skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; drain and set aside. Discard all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) fat from skillet. Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until softened.
- Combine bacon, onion, cheese, flour and salt in bowl; spread evenly over pie shell. Stir together eggs and evaporated milk in another bowl; pour over cheese mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly puffed and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Evaporated milk helps cut the fat in this classic recipe which traditionally uses cream. Because Carnation gives a rich, creamy taste, you won't even miss the cream. To save time, this recipe has been adapted to use a purchased frozen pie shell. If using a homemade 9-inch (23 cm) pie shell, use 1 full can (385 ml) Nestlé® Carnation® 2% Evaporated Milk.