Pot Roast Meat LoafPrint Category Meat Loaf and Meat roll Thematic No thematic Source Nestlé Carnation Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 30 ml
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 15 ml
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper 5 ml
- 4 each large carrots and potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1-1/3 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 325 ml
- 2/3 cup each dry bread crumbs and chili sauce or ketchup 150 ml
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce 20 ml
- 2 lb lean ground beef 1 kg
- ½ cup chili sauce or ketchup 125 ml
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Combine oil, parsley and half each of the salt and pepper in large bowl; add vegetables and toss to coat. Combine evaporated milk, bread crumbs, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and remaining salt and pepper in another large bowl. Stir in beef.
- Form mixture into 9 x 5-inch (23 x 12 cm) loaf and place in prepared pan. Surround with vegetables; cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Spread chili sauce on top of loaf. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF (71ºC).
Makes 8 servings.
Served with creamy mashed potatoes, this is pure comfort food to warm up to on a chilly night.