Chicken & Fruit KebabsPrint Category Kebabs Thematic No thematic Source Diana Sauce Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/2 peeled, cored, fresh golden pineapple 1/2
- 3/4 cup Diana Sauce®, Rib & Chicken flavour 175 mL
- 1 tsp each minced fresh ginger and hot pepper sauce 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom 2 mL
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half 1 kg
- 2 limes, cut into 6 wedges each
- 1 large red pepper, cubed
- 12 large soaked bamboo skewers 12
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (optional) 15 mL
- Drain the pineapple juice from the cored pineapple and measure out 1 tbsp (15 mL) to stir into the sauce along with the ginger, hot pepper sauce and cardamom. Divide the mixture into three equal portions.
- Toss the chicken with one portion of the sauce mixture. Marinate the chicken for 15 minutes. Cut the pineapple into chunks and transfer to another bowl.
- Add the lime wedges and red pepper. Toss gently with another portion of the sauce mixture.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and grease well. Thread the chicken alternately with the pineapple, lime wedges and red pepper onto the skewers. Grill, turning as needed, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Baste kebabs with remaining sauce just before removing from the grill. Sprinkle with coriander (if using) and serve immediately.
For a fruit variation, use 1 peeled, firm mango and 1 tbsp (15 mL) thawed mango or orange juice concentrate instead of the pineapple.