Lemon, Sage and Garlic Stuffed ChickenPrint Category Whole chicken Thematic No thematic Source Knorr Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3½ lb. (1.75 kg) roasting chicken
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- Fresh sage to taste or 1 tsp. (5 mL) dry sage
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) butter*, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. + 1½ tsp. (22 mL) all-purpose flour*
- 1½ cups (375 mL) Knorr Chicken Broth
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Squeeze juice of half lemon over chicken. Stuff squeezed half lemon, sage and 3 garlic cloves into chicken. Smear butter over outside of chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast, basting, until juices run clear and skin is crispy, 1 to 1¼ hours.
- Remove to carving board. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) pan juices and set over medium heat.
- Mince remaining garlic and stir into pan juices. Whisk in flour, then broth, a squeeze of lemon juice and hot sauce. Whisk until sauce bubbles and thickens. Serve over chicken.
Preparation: 10 min
Marinating/Waiting: 0 min
Cooking: 1 h 10 min
Total: 1 h 20 min