Marshmallow-Apple Oat SquaresPrint Category Apples Thematic No thematic Source Kraft Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour 300 mL
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking rolled oats 300 mL
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar 175 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 3/4 cup butter (or IMPERIAL Hard Margarine) 175 mL
- 1 bag (250 g) KRAFT Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows, divided 1
- 2 cups finely diced unpeeled red apples (about 2 medium apples) 500 mL
- 16 KRAFT Caramels 16
- 1 tsp water 5 mL
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter (or margarine) until mixture is crumbly. Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) crumb mixture.
- Press remainder on bottom of greased or parchment paper lined 13 x 9" (3.5 L) baking pan. Spread half of the marshmallows on top, and sprinkle with apples. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top and place under broiler just until marshmallows are lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool.
- Place unwrapped caramels and water in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Drizzle caramel on top; chill to set caramel.
Makes 18 squares.
Prep time: 15 minutes;
Bake time: 25 minutes
The back-to-school crowd will love these in their lunch boxes or as an after school treat.
Per serving: 231 Cal; 2.7 g Pro; 8.8 g Fat; 37.6 g Carb; 1.9 g DFib