Three Fruit SquaresPrint Category Fruits Thematic No thematic Source Recipes Plus Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- Tenderflake Perfect Pastry for a 9in (23 cm) double crust pie, following the Six Easy Steps recipe on package of Tenderflake® Lard
- For filling: in medium saucepan, toss fruit with flour. Blend in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until fruit is tender. Cool completely.
- Roll half of pastry into 12x9in (30x23 cm) rectangle. Place on cookie sheet. Spoon filling over pastry leaving a 1/2in (1 cm) border. Moisten edges of pastry with water.
- Roll out remaining pastry to the same size rectangle. Place on top of fruit. Crimp edges together. Slash top with knife.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle top with icing sugar, if desired and cut into 3in (7.5 cm) squares. Serve warm.