Honey Cereal MuffinsPrint Category Cereals Thematic No thematic Source Morning Crisp Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup each all-purpose and whole wheat flours 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- ½ tsp salt 2 mL
- 2 cups JORDANS Morning Crisp Cereal Bursting with Nuts, divided 500 mL
- 1 egg 1
- 1 cup LACTAID* 2% Lactose Free Partly Skimmed Milk (or regular milk) 250 mL
- ½ cup liquid honey 125 mL
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 75 mL
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Grease large muffin pan. In large bowl, mix flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; stir in 1 ½ cups (375 mL) cereal.
- In smaller bowl, whisk together egg, milk, honey and oil until well blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) batter into each muffin cup. Coarsely crush remaining cereal and sprinkle over tops, pressing gently into batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
(Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 15 to 20 minutes)
Healthy and delicious breakfast muffins. Enjoy baking with real milk again with LACTAID*.