You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 CRISCO® No Fail Pastry for Double-Crust
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest 15 mL
- ¾ cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 1/3 cup ROBIN HOOD® All-Purpose Flour 75 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- ¼ cup nutmeg 1 mL
- 4 cups peeled sliced apples 1L
- 2 cups peeled sliced pears 500 mL
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries 250 mL
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- Optional: milk and sugar to glaze
- Prepare CRISCO® No Fail Pastry for Double-Crust as directed adding orange zest to dry ingredients. Wrap and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine first eight ingredients. Mix well.
- Roll out pastry on floured surface into a 16" (40 cm) circle. Fit into 9" (23 cm) pie plate, allowing pastry to overhang. Fill with fruit mixture. Fold pastry over fruit, pleating into rough circle. If desired, brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake for an additional 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is tender.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 65 minutes
Makes: approx 8 servings