Fruity Chicken Kebabs with Maple SyrupPrint Category Kebabs Thematic No thematic Source Fédération des producteurs Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
Ingredients: (4 kebabs)
- 1 lb of chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 apples, quartered
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of tamarind sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 pinch of celery seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 1 cup of marinade
- 150 g of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Preparations: (4 kebabs)
- Arrange the kebab ingredients on skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, onions and apples.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a dish large enough to fit 4 kebabs. Place the kebabs in the dish and coat with marinade. Let sit for approx. 4 hours (30 min. to 6 hours) in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium high. Remove the kebabs from the marinade. Reserve 1 cup of the marinade and set aside. Barbecue the kebabs for 7 minutes*. Turn them over, baste with marinade and cook for another 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade in a casserole. Add cranberries and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with the kebabs.
* You can also broil the kebabs on the top oven rack, or cook them in a regular oven for 30 minutes, or until done.