MORNING GLORY MUFFINSPrint Category Apples Thematic Autumn Stove Breakfast Desserts Less than 60 minutes. Source Silk Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Silk, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in the apple, coconut, raisins and carrots. Add flour mixture and stir just until moistened—there will be a few lumps.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and bake until tops spring back, about 30-35 minutes.
- Store, tightly covered, at room temperature for 3-5 days, or freeze.
Preparation: 25 min
Cook: 30-35 min
Total: 1 hour