Low Fat Crock Pot Chicken Taco SoupPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Cocotte71 Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups frozen okra
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix (no MSG, reduced salt)
- Cheese as you like
- Stir the envelope of taco seasoning mix with vegetable broth in a 6 quart crock-pot.
- Remove fat from chicken breast and add to crock-pot.
- Cook on low about four hours and shred chicken using two forks. Add all other ingredients to crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, low fat sour cream and shreds mexican cheddar.