Sausage n' Salsa BurritoPrint Category Breakfast Thematic Microwave summer kitchen Less than 30 minutes Source Smucker Foods of Canada Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- ½ cup (125 mL) eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large (10"/25 cm) tortilla, warmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salsa
- 2 cooked breakfast sausage links
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) jalapeño peppers, finely minced (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 2 cup (500 mL) glass measuring cup or bowl. Cover with plastic wrap leaving a small space open for venting. Microwave on 70% (Med - High) power for 1 minute. Remove, stir, and place sausage on a microwave-safe plate and cook alongside liquid eggs in microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds longer. Meanwhile, spread tortilla with salsa. Place egg mixture on half of tortilla and top with sausages, tomatoes, and jalapeños. Roll up burrito-style, slice in half and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 minutes
1 serving (1 burrito)
*Freezing: not recommended