Frosted Rhubarb Cookies RecipePrint Category Various Thematic No thematic Source Membre Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar - packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans - chopped (optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 tablespoon butter - softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, conbine flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.Fold in rhubarb, coconut and nuts (if desired).
- On a prepared cookie sheet, drop about 1 tablespoon of batter per cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven, let cookies sit on the baking sheet 1-2 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Cream until smooth.Frost onto cooled cookies.
*Note: If using frozen rhubarb, measure before thawing
Then thaw and drain but do not press liquid out.