Rhubarb and Cherry Pie RecipePrint Category Rhubarb Thematic No thematic Source Membre Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- double pie crust, refrigerated
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped small
- 15 ounces can of sour cherries, drained
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 3 drops red food coloring - optional
- (Container: 9 inch pie dish)
- Prepare dough for a double pie crust as directed on package and set aside.
- Clean rhubarb stalks, removing leaves and dirt. Chop rhubarb stalks into fine pieces.
- Place cherries in strainer to drain juice. Combine cherries, rhubarb, sugar, tapioca, and vanilla in mixing bowl, blending all ingredients. Add food coloring, if desired, to brighten the colors.
- Allow mixture to remain at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour ingredients into the prepared pie crust. Add top crust and seal edges by hand pinching.
- Cut small slits or holes in surface of top crust to allow steam to be released.
- Use a pie crust protector or foil to keep edges from darkening excessively or burning, removing to brown lightly for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Preheat oven to 400º F, and when ready, bake for 45 minutes or slightly longer, if necessary. Pie filling should be bubbling when the pie is ready to be removed from oven.
PREP 1 hr
COOK 45 mins
READY IN 1.45 hrs