You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) each diced onion, celery and carrot
- 6 cups (1.5 L) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Tikka Masala Sauce
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) long grain rice
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream (35%)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oil in large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and carrots and stir-fry until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth, chicken breast pieces and VH® Tikka Masala Sauce; bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, partly covered. Add rice to soup and continue cooking 15 minutes more.
- When rice is cooked, blend in apples, cream and fresh parsley. Simmer for 3 minutes. Pour into bowls and serve immediately. Garnish soup with toasted sliced almonds.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
*Tips:Try this soup with leftover cooked turkey instead of chicken. Try replacing the chicken broth with leftover turkey broth also!
* Leftover cooked plain white rice can be used. Need a vegetarian option? Try using canned lentils instead of chicken and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth!
*Nutrition Facts Per serving 422 g
Amount % Daily Value
Fat 15 g 23%
Saturated 5 g
Trans 0 mg
Cholesterol 50 mg 17%
Sodium 360 mg 15%
Carbohydrate 27 g 9%
Fiber 4 g 16%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 18 g