Curried apricot chicken saladPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic Stove Less than 60 minutes. health Source SMUCKERS Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unpeeled chopped green or red delicious apple
- 1 cup halved seedless green and/or red grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place chicken in large skillet. Add just enough water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F. Remove chicken from water and cool. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine mayonnasie, preserves, honey, curry powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Stir until blended. Add chicken, apple, grapes, green onion and almonds. Stir gently until blended. Cover and chill at least 4 hours for best flavor.
Prep Time: 15 Minute(s)
Cook Time: 30 Minute(s)
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 890mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.