Tandoori Flank Steak with Pineapple SalsaPrint Category Flank steak and Top surloin Thematic Stove Source VH Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) flank steak
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH®Tandoori Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Pineapple Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely sliced green onions
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plus 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lime juice
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- Marinate flank steak in 3/4 cup (180 mL) of VH®Tandoori Sauce, 2 tbsp (30 mL) pineapple juice, 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh lime juice for 6 hrs.
- Stir together pineapple chunks, VH® Pineapple Sauce, red pepper, green onions and remaining lime juice, set aside.
- Wipe excess marinade from beef and discard. Spray grill with PAM® Grilling Spray and heat to medium-high. Sear meat on both sides, then move meat to a cooler spot on the grill to finish cooking with indirect heat. While cooking, baste steak with 1/2 cup of VH®Tandoori sauce.
- Cook to desired doneness, about 20 minutes for medium. Remove from heat, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with remaining sauce and salsa.
Marinate time: 6 hrs 0 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 12 min.
Flank steak is best cooked to medium-rare or medium to retain its tenderness. Allow the meat to marinate over-night in your fridge.
*Nutrition Facts Per serving 339 g
Amount % Daily Value
Fat 15 g 23%
Saturated 6 g
Trans 0 mg
Cholesterol 70 mg 0%
Sodium 530 mg 22%
Carbohydrate 36 g 12%
Fiber 3 g 12%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 39 g