Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice SoupPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Amanda Riva Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into ¼-inch coins
- 1 celery rib, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all purpose flour
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 8 1/2 cups (2 L) reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cup (591 mL) cooked wild rice
- 1 cup (237 mL) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (237 mL) fat-free evaporated milk
- freshly chopped chives, for serving
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt and pepper
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and sauté until softened, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, cayenne pepper and thyme and stir until raw flavour of the flour is cooked out, about 1 minute more.
- Stir in the stock, rice, chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat; stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in evaporated milk and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve between heated bowls and garnish with freshly chopped chives.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:20 mins
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Protein 13.6 g
Fat 4.2 g
Carbohydrate 22.2 g
Fibre 1.7 g
Sugar 5.9 g
Cholesterol 26.1 mg
Sodium 642.1 mg