Mini Berry TriflesPrint Category Fruits Thematic No thematic Source Smucker Foods of Canada Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange rind
- 2 cups (500 mL) cake cubes (such as pound cake)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Smuckers Pure Raspberry Jam
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream, whipped
- In bowl, whisk together egg yolks, 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk, sugar and cornstarch.
- In heavy saucepan, heat remaining milk over medium heat just until bubbles form around edge; gradually whisk into yolk mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat and whisk in orange rind until smooth.
- Transfer to clean bowl and place plastic wrap directly on surface; chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide cake between 6 (6 to 8 oz/170 to 250 mL) dessert dishes.
- Whisk together jam and orange juice and drizzle evenly between dishes.
- Reserve a few raspberries for garnish and place remaining on top cake layers.
- Fold half whipped cream into cooled custard and divide between dishes; refrigerate remaining cream.
- Chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved whipped cream and raspberries.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: (Chill Time: 1 1/2 hours minimum)
*Purchased pound cake helps this dessert come together quickly and easily. Beautiful when served in martini glasses.