Awesome & Easy Chicken WingsPrint Category Wings Thematic No thematic Source Monda Rosenberg Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) of chicken wings
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each of cayenne pepper, smokey paprika, cumin powder and salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) of Tabasco sauce, preferable Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) of melted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C). Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. If wings are not already divided into drumettes and winglets, cut wings in half at the joint and slice off tips. They tend to burn and don't have much meat on them.
- Place wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cayenne, paprika, cumin and salt. Rub over chicken as evenly as possible. 40 min
- In a small bowl, stir Tabasco with butter and vinegar. Pour over wings. Toss to coat. Mixture thickens as it is cooled by the chicken. Use a brush or your fingers to evenly coat. Place wings on the wire rack. Don't crowd.
- Bake in centre of 425°F (210°C) oven until browned, from 40 to 45 minutes. (If wings are on a rack, they don't need to be turned.) Great served with a blue cheese dip as is the custom at the famous Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:40 mins