Maple DonutsPrint Category Dessert (Various) Thematic Sugar Shack Deep fryer Desserts Source I love maple.ca Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 envelope of commercial yeast (8 g)
- 125 ml of warm water (1/2 cup)
- 250 ml of milk (1 cup)
- 45 ml of melted butter (3 tbsp.)
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml of salt (1 tsp.)
- 180 ml of maple sugar (3/4 cup)
- Flour 1 l (4 cups)
- 500 ml of maple syrup (2 cups)
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water , cover and let stand 10 min.
- Heat the milk to boiling and pour into a large bowl.Add the butter, salt and maple sugar and mix until dissolved. Stir in yeast.
- Add half the flour and whisk . While stirring , add the eggs. Stir in remaining flour gradually until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl .
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead by hand , adding flour if the dough is sticky. Place in a buttered bowl and let rise until double its original volume, about 1 hour 15 min.
- Knead again and let stand 1 minute 30 minutes. On a floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to 1 cm (1 /2 inch) thick. Let rise 10 min.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 190 ° C (375 ° F). Cut donuts as desired shapes and dip them when oil is ready.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan , heat maple syrup until boiling. When the donuts are golden brown , remove from oil and immediately dip in the hot syrup . For a more pronounced maple flavor , soak 2 min. Place donuts on a rack to cool. Garnish .
Makes: 36 servings
* Additional Information
Garnish: Garnish with maple products of your choice (butter, sugar, chips and taffy, candy, etc.).