Asparagus with Oka CheesePrint Category Healthy recipes Thematic No thematic Source Campbell du Canada Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250mL) CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp (15mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tsp (10mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30mL) butter
- 1½ lb (750g) fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup (60mL) finely chopped red pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) shredded pasteurized Oka cheese
- Combine broth, cornstarch, tarragon and mustard in small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet at medium heat until it starts to turn brown. Add asparagus and stir often for 3 minutes.
- Stir broth mixture very well and gradually pour into pan. Heat to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in red pepper. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves: 6 people
PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
Oka cheese, originally a local cheese made by monks at their monastery in Oka, Quebec, is now widely available across Canada. By putting the cheese in the freezer 15 minutes before grating it, the job will be much easier!
Trim tough ends off larger, less tender asparagus spears by cutting them where the colour changes from light green-purple to dark green - or simply snap off the ends where they naturally break. Locally grown asparagus is available from May to July in many parts of Canada.
*Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
6g Saturated Fat
0.2g Trans Fat
1g Dietary Fibre
15% Daily Value Calcium
15% Daily Value Vitamin A