Gravy of KFC KentuckyPrint Category Brown gravy Thematic No thematic Source Clone (Copy) Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- 8 oz fl. of chicken broth
- 10 oz fl. of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of MSG or Accent
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of kitchen bouquet (sauce for browning and seasonning at the end of the recipe)
- Make a roux: In a pot, mix the oil with the flour at low temperatures. Cook until flour blondisse about 10 minutes more or less depending on the intensity of the element, stirring constantly.
- Remove the roux from the heat, add the chicken broth, water and spices, and stir with a whisk.
- Put on the heat and cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, until thickened. The final touch is to add 1/4 teaspoon of chicken bouquet to regain the original color of this sauce.
Makes 2-1/4 cups
Photo: Recipes Québécoises.com
Do not brown the flour only blondir, otherwise the taste is too pronounced and it is not the desired taste. Tests have been done, this recipe must be followed to the letter if you want the original taste.