Grapefruit pork roastPrint Category Roast Thematic No thematic Source No source Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 pork roast from 2 to 3 lbs, in the loin
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped in two
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram leaf
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup of grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 pinch of marjoram
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Place the roast in a roasting pan. Make 4 incisions and insert garlic. Brush the meat with butter and mustard mixed. Put marjoram over roast.
- Place roast on onion rings in ovenproof pan, add the cup of grapefruit juice, brown sugar, salt and Pepper. Bake 1 hour.
- Check the liquid and add water if necessary basting often and continue cooking for 1 additional hour. Place roast in a warm serving dish. Book.
- Put the pan directly on the heat of the stove and cook the juice to deglaze. Mix 1/2 cup of cold water, flour and add to the boiling sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pinches of pepper and marjoram. Add hot water if necessary. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve with roast with mashed carrots and swede.
Photo: Recipes Québécoises.com