Strawberry Mascarpone PizzaPrint Category Pizza and Lasagna Thematic No thematic Source Recettes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 pkg (397 g) frozen puff_pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
- 6 cups (1.5 L) hulled strawberries (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) strawberry jam, strained, or jelly, melted
- Line pizza pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut puff pastry in half to separate blocks; stack 1 on top of the other. On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 12-inch (30 cm) square. Trim corners to make circle. Transfer to prepared pan. With fork, prick pastry all over.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolk with 1 tsp (5 mL) water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake in bottom third of 400°F (200°C) oven until puffed and golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on rack. (Make-ahead: Cover loosely with plastic wrap; store for up to 24 hours.)
- Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk mascarpone cheese with milk until smooth; whisk in icing sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Set aside. Slice strawberries in half; set aside.
- Spread cheese mixture over pastry, leaving 1/4-inch (5 mm) border. Arrange strawberries in concentric circles on top; brush berries with jam. Serve immediately.