Spinach and Sole with Fines HerbesPrint Category Sole Thematic No thematic Source Recettes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 sole fillets, (1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1 pkg (10 oz/284 g) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fines herbes
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
- In shallow dish, combine flour and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. One at a time, dip fillets into flour mixture, turning to coat; shake off excess.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry fish, in 2 batches and using another 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, until crispy and golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- Add spinach, fines herbes and 2 tbsp (25 mL) water to pan. Reduce heat to medium; cover and steam, stirring once, until spinach is tender, about 3 minutes. Serve with fish and lemon wedges.
Substitution: If you can't find any fines herbes at the store, you can make your own combination by using equal parts of chopped dried chives, parsley and tarragon.