Sausage, Potato and Swiss Chard SoupPrint Category Ham and Sausage Thematic No thematic Source Recettes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb (454 gr) Italian sausages
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups (710 mL) cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1.2 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 3 cups (710 mL) water
- 1 cup (237 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups (473 mL) packed coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cut sausage into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown sausage. Transfer to bowl. Drain fat from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, potatoes, Italian herb seasoning, pepper and hot pepper flakes to pan; fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and stock; bring to boil. Return sausage to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 7 minutes. Add Swiss chard; simmer, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Recette absolument fantastique et facile a faire BRAVO!