Clam and Scallop ChowderPrint Category Clam Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) trimmed and chopped lard
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained canned clams
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) clam juice
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- Salt and pepper
- 8 large scallops, cut in halves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained corn nibblets
- In large saucepan, sauté lard for 1 minute while stirring. Add clams, onion, green onions and potato cubes. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Stir in water, clam juice, mushroom soup and milk. Whisk together well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Salt and pepper to taste. Add scallops and corn nibblets. Mix well and simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.