BLT Salad with Creamy Basil DressingPrint Category Veggies Thematic No thematic Source Recipes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- Half baguette
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 6 cups (1.5 L) torn romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sherry vinegar or wine vinegar
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- In skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 7 minutes; drain on paper towels. Meanwhile, cut baguette diagonally into 12 slices. Broil on rimmed baking sheet, turning once, until golden, about 1 minute. Rub both sides of bread with cut sides of garlic. Arrange in serving basket.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick wedges. Peel, pit and cut avocado into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes.
- In large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion and half of the dressing; arrange on 4 large plates. Top with tomato wedges and avocado; spoon remaining dressing over salad. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with garlic toasts
- In bowl, whisk together basil, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.