Parmesan Potato GratinPrint Category Gratin Thematic No thematic Source recipes quebequoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cloves of garlic, halved
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) white pepper
- 7 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) vegetable stock
- Rub sides and bottom of 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish with cut side of garlic; discard garlic. Grease dish; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Using mandolin or slicer attachment on food processor, very thinly slice potatoes. Arrange one-third in overlapping layers in dish. Dot with one-third of the butter; sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers once. Arrange remaining potatoes overt top, pressing lightly.
- In microwaveable liquid measure, microwave stock at high for 2 minutes or until hot; pour evenly over potatoes. Dot with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover with foil; roast in 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour. Uncover and roast until tender and knife inserted in bottom pierces potatoes easily, 45 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Cover and reheat in 375°F/ 190°C oven for 30 minutes.)
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days