Pork Tenderloin with Wild Blueberry SaucePrint Category Tenderloin Thematic No thematic Source Recipes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
Ingredients: Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (12 oz/375 g)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
Ingredients Wild Blueberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry red wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1-1/2 (7 mL) tsp cornstarch
Preparation: Pork Tenderloin
- Rub thyme, salt and pepper over pork. In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork all over for about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to 350°F (180°C) oven; roast for about 30 minutes or until just a hint of pink remains and meat thermometer registers 160°F (70°C). Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing
Preparation: Wild Blueberry Sauce:
- Meanwhile, drain any fat from skillet. Pour in wine; bring to boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Boil over medium-high heat until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries, sugar and lemon rind; return to boil. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons (25 mL) cold water; stir into sauce and simmer just until clear. Pool on 3 warmed dinner plates. Top with slices of pork.