Salsa Meat LoafPrint Category Meat Loaf and Meat roll Thematic No thematic Source Recipes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 egg whites, (or 1/2 cup/125 mL pasteurized egg whites)
- 1 cup (250 mL) large-flake rolled oats
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated carrot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1-1/2lb (680 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- In bowl, whisk egg whites lightly; stir in oats, onion, zucchini, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme and pepper. Mix in beef.
- Place on greased rimmed baking sheet; form into 13-inch (33 cm) long by 2-inch (5 cm) high oval loaf. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until browned, about 40 minutes. Spread salsa over top; bake until meat thermometer registers 170°F (77°C), about 20 minutes.