Cheeseburger PizzaPrint Category Pizza Thematic No thematic Source Recipes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
Click to enlarge
- 8 oz (227 g) lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 lb (454 g) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In skillet, fry beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off fat. Set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) circle, letting rest if too elastic to roll; centre on greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake on lowest rack position in 500°F (260°C) oven until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden and slightly puffed, about 10 minutes.
* This pizza will come out of the oven in no time flat. Then just add some cheeseburger-inspired toppings, such as pickled hot peppers, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.