Stir-Fried RicePrint Category Rice Thematic No thematic Source Smucker Foods of Canada Co Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked cold rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Crisco® Canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Better Than Plum Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use leftover rice or cook favourite rice as per directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in a large, deep non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Beat eggs, add to pan and cook, stirring, for a few minutes, or until scrambled. Remove.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, green onions and carrots. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Add cooked rice and eggs, stirring until hot. Add Better Than Plum Sauce and soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir into rice mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Freezing : Not recommended
Makes: 4-6 servings
*Note: Adding sesame oil and soy sauce to Better Than Plum Sauce makes it a stir-fry sauce. Use it to stir-fry tofu, chicken or shrimp.
*Sesame oil and soy sauce transform our Homemade Plum Sauce into the perfect stir-fry sauce for rice and mixed veggies.