Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-FryPrint Category Boneless chicken breast Thematic No thematic Source Smucker Foods of Canada Co Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3/4 cup (177 mL) Smucker's® No Sugar Added Apricot Fruit Spread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1.2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1/2 lb (237 g.) small mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz (175 g.) fresh pea pods (2 cups/473 mL)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine apricot spread, vinegar, garlic salt, ginger, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes; stir until blended. Set aside.
- Halve zucchini lengthwise. Cut into 1/4" (1 cm) slices; set aside. Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in wok or large skillet over high heat; stir-fry chicken until tender and browned. Remove from pan. Add remaining oil, zucchini, mushrooms and pea pods. Stir-fry until zucchini is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Add apricot sauce and chicken, toss gently to mix well and heat through. Season to taste. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
*An authentic tasting sweet & sour sauce that makes flavourful Chinese food possible right from home. Say goodbye to delivery!