Phyllo Chicken with Brie and Veggie ConfettiPrint Category Boneless chicken breast Thematic Stove Source Dairy goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) leeks (white and light green parts only), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- Fresh rosemary
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 6 oz/175 g each)
- 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Brie or Camembert, diced and well chilled
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter, melted
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in leeks, squash and peppers and sauté for 3 minutes or until leeks become tender.
- Stir in water, cover and cook stirring once, for about 3 minutes or until squash begins to soften. Stir in 3/4 tsp (4 mL) chopped rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally almost, but not all the way through; open like a book. Brush with mustard, place Canadian Brie cheese on one side of each breast, fold to enclose and press firmly.
- For each bundle, place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent from drying out. Brush with some of the butter and scatter about 10 rosemary leaves. Place second sheet on top. About 2-inches (5 cm) from long side of pastry, spoon about 1/3 cup (80 mL) vegetable mixture lengthwise (as wide and as long as the chicken). Top with chicken, fold bottom of phyllo and then fold sides over chicken and roll up.
- Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake until phyllo is golden and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 45 minutes.
Prep. Time: 40 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins - 1 hr
Refrigeration Time: 1 hr
Yields: 8 servings
*Tips: To easily dice any soft cheese, place it in the freezer for 10 or 15 minutes to firm it up.