Creamy Mandarin Orange TriflePrint Category Trifle Stack Thematic No thematic Source Eagle Brand Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 can (300 mL) Regular or Low Fat Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cold water
- 1 pkg (102 g) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream, whipped
- 2 pkgs (400 g each) raspberry
- Swiss sponge rolls, cut into 1/2" (1 cm) slices
- 3 cans (284 mL each) mandarin oranges, 24 segments reserved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) juice from mandarin oranges, reserved
- Combine Eagle Brand and water. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill until thickened, about 20 min. Fold in whipped cream.
- Line bottom and sides of a 12-cup (3 L) round glass bowl with sliced sponge roll.
- Spoon a third of the reserved mandarin orange juice over sponge roll. Cover with a third of the pudding mixture. Top with half of the orange segments. Cover with a layer of sliced sponge roll.
- Repeat layering.
- Just before final pudding layer, arrange reserved orange segments against top edge of glass.Cover with remaining pudding mixture. Chill 3-4 hours. Garnish as desired.
Prep Time: 35 minutes plus chilling time