Turkey and leek chowderPrint Category Chiken and Turkey Thematic Autumn Winter Stove Source No source Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 lbs. (.5 kg) Canadian Turkey Breast meat
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Water
- 2 Leeks
- 1 ½ Potatoes, diced
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 1 Celery stalk, chopped
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) fresh, chopped Thyme leaves
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) fresh, chopped Tarragon
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) fresh, chopped Rosemary
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¾ cup kernel Corn, frozen or canned
- ¾ cup Lima Beans, frozen or canned
- 1/3 cup (100 mL) broken Vermicelli Spaghetti
- 7/8 cup (225 mL) 2% Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) All-purpose Flour
- Cut the turkey into 3/4” (2 cm) pieces.
- In a saucepan, combine turkey, onions and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Let cool. Strain off any fat.
- Trim the leeks leaving about 8 cm (3”) or tender part of green attached. Wash and clean. Cut into 1/2” (1 cm) slices.
- In a large saucepan, combine leeks, potatoes, carrots, celery, cooled stock and herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn, beans, and spaghetti. Cook until tender.
- Stir enough milk into flour to make a smooth past. Gradually add to the soup, stirring constantly. Add remaining milk. Remove bay leaf.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins