Kale and Sweet Potato SoupPrint Category Sweet potatoe Thematic No thematic Source gosouthfresh Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 cup chopped Southern U.S. sweet onion 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped Southern U.S. celery 250 mL
- 1 cup Chopped Southern U.S. carrots 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh cracked pepper 2 mL
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth 1 L
- 6 cups peeled, cubed Southern U.S. sweet potatoes 1.5 L
- 4 cups chopped Southern U.S. kale 1 L
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot, salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in broth and bring to boil. Add sweet potato and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender and crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale and cook 10 minutes more. Let cool slightly.
- Use a ladle to transfer soup to a blender in batches, processing until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Transfer back to saucepan and thin with water if desired. Serve warm sprinkled with wholegrain croutons.
Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 25 min