Lemon Chiffon DessertPrint Category Lemons and Limes Thematic No thematic Source Kellogg Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 750 mL 3 cups RICE KRISPIES*
- 50 mL 1/4 cup firmLy-packed brown sugar
- 75 mL 1/3 cup butter melted
- 212 g 1 pkg Lemon Pie
- 2 eggs separated
- 75 mL 1/3 cup cold water
- 425 mL 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 15 mL 1 tbsp butter
- 50 mL 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Crush cereal to 250 mL (1 cup). Combine with brown sugar and 75 mL (1/3 cup) butter, mixing well. Reserve 50 mL (1/4 cup) crumbs. Press remainder evenly into bottom of 20 cm (8") springform pan ( or 23 cm (9") pie plate ) to form crust. Bake at 180°C (350°F) 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Prepare dessert mix according to package directions, except reduce boiling water to 425 mL (1 3/4 cups). Cool 3 minutes, stirring twice. Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until peaks are stiff but not dry.
- Pour half of the filling onto crust. Gently fold remainder into egg whites. Spread over first layer; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill about 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers