Pea Soup and Ham (crock pot)Print Category Leguminous Thematic No thematic Source Je cuisine Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 500 ml (2 cups) whole yellow peas
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 c teaspoon) from Sariette minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 (6 cups) water
- 375g (3/4 lb) smoked ham top
- salt and pepper to taste
- The day before, place the peas in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let them soak for ten to twelve hours. Rinse and drain. Discard the soaking water.
- Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for eight to ten hours or intensity of four to five hours. Remove the ham from the cooker and let it cool. Cut it into cubes or strips and add it to the soup
Preparation time: minutes
Here is a soup meal, refreshing and very nutritious. In comparison with the pea green, yellow dry peas contains three times more protein, not its fiber, vitamins and minraux. In slow cooker, this recipe is very easy to prepare. To save time, you can avoid dipping into choosing split peas rather than the whole peas. In fact, it is the same fish that, once freed from its skin, broke in two during the dehydration.