Rustic Chicken Soup (crockpot)Print Category Chicken Thematic No thematic Source Je cuisine Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 450 g (1 lb) diced chicken
- 1/2 medium rutabaga (yellow turnip), diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 can white beans 540 ml, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of steamed rice grain longs
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) chopped thyme
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 c tablespoon) chopped parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken cubes. Place all ingredients in crock pot with the exception of the parsley. Mix and cover.
- Let cook on low for six to eight hours or on high for three to four hours. To serve, garnish with chopped parsley.
Preparation time: 25 minutes