Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsPrint Category Bananas Thematic No thematic Source Nestle Carnation Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 ½ cups quick oats 375 ml
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 250 ml
- ½ cup bran 125 ml
- ¼ cup flax seeds 50 ml
- 1 tsp each baking powder & baking soda 5 ml
- ½ tsp salt 2 ml
- ¾ cup granulated sugar 175 ml
- 3 tbsp butter, softened 45 ml
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce 125 ml
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate or Milk Chocolate Morsels 250 ml
- COMBINE oats, flour, bran, flax, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat granulated sugar and butter in large bowl until creamy. Add apple sauce, banana and eggs, beating well. Gradually stir in flour mixture until moistened. Stir in morsels. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F (165 °C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Nutrients per muffin: about 310 Calories, 7g Protein, 6 g Fibre, 11g Fat, 50g Carbohydrate
* This recipe is better-for-you because it is very high in fibre and a source of complex carbohydrates.