Cinnamon Apple StrataPrint Category Bread Pudding Thematic No thematic Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced small
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2-3 heaping tbsp (30-45 ml) brown sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C). In a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté cinnamon and apples together in butter until tender.
- Place three quarters of bread into lightly buttered 8"x8" (20x20 cm) baking dish. Spread apple mixture, cheese and brown sugar evenly over bread.
- Beat milk and eggs together until frothy and stir in remaining bread. Add to baking dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until set. Great chilled.