Minty Green Pea and Buttermilk SoupPrint Category Green Pea Thematic No thematic Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 1/2 cups (875 ml) small frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) buttermilk
- In small covered saucepan, simmer peas in broth until very soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer to blender. Add mint, onion and buttermilk. Purée until very smooth. Chill. Season to taste and enjoy.
A delicious chilled soup that's just as good hot. Be careful not to boil if re-heating.